More About Dropbox
What Is It?
Dropbox is a cloud-based storage system that uses an internet connection to store and save your files. This allows you to access them almost anywhere that you can get an Internet connection, such as on other computers or your mobile device. Dropbox also provides a backup for all of your files, so you never lose them.
- Ability to access your files from anywhere with an internet connection, not just in the office.
- Ability to edit and continue with your work while offline, and automatically uploads the file to Dropbox when your internet connection is established.
- Multiple users can access the same file at the same time, and where possible, Dropbox will automatically merge the data from both of the edits.
- Advanced sharing permissions with both files and folders; read only access, password protected sharing, and time limited expiration of sharing links.
- Allows remote data wiping, should you misplace one of your devices you don’t have to worry that somebody else can access your files.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anywhere with an internet connection, on any device.
You will create your own set of log in details, and once you log in on the Dropbox website or app, all of your files will be available to be edited, saved and stored.
There is also an option to access your files in a Dropbox folder in File Explorer, for simpler and easier access.
Standard provides teams with 5 TB of storage and simple sharing and collaboration tools.
For teams needing more storage and security, Advanced provides as much space as your team needs in addition to sophisticated admin, audit, integration, and security features.